April 10, 2009
Overall I’m very interested in the new Adwords Interface, but I still find myself switching back to the old interface, I guess its just familiar, but over time, I’ll settle in to the new. New Interface Thursdays will keep us well-informed, thanks.
New Interface Advantages:
- Similar to Editor in that you can sort entire account by keyword
- Similar to Editor in how you can view account, by tree structure
- Built on a new infrastructure; changes will roll out quickly
- New infrastructure will be faster, not now, but will be
- Inline Show Query and Placement Reports, wowaweewa
Things I’d like to see improved:
- Primarily I’d like to see the show query report allow user to change kw match type enmasse, like we can with other features, like bid price, or position preference
- I’d like to be able to resize columns, probably too much to ask :)
Overall, I’m sure we will all enjoy the new changes, especially the query report. I had hoped to see more long tail queries, but I’m disappointed to still see mostly “other unique queries” though.